[pct-l] Section D in june

Perry Chamberlain juniper_canoeman at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 09:45:47 CDT 2011

You can expect daytime temps in the 100's, up to about 110 degrees.
June is really hot here. No clouds or rain until november, except for occasional summer thunder storms.
Usually littlrock creek and aliso canyon are dry by then.
But this year rain and snow have been incredible.
 water caches will be set at littlerock creek and alisoncanyon road (when it stops)  and Angeles National Forest  hwy (already set )until july.
Feel free to call me if you need assitance when you come through
661----317----1078
Canoeman
Section trail angel.

tom said. :
 I will be doing my second PCT section hike soon, from Big Bear to Agua Dulce. I was planning on doing this in May. Now I may not be able to go until the first week in June. Since I live closer to the north end of the trail, I don't get to hike much in southern CA.

Can anyone tell me what to expect in this section during June?  Can I expect to see other hikers?  One of Donna Saufley's emails said that Hiker Heaven gets busy mid-May through mid-June.

I imagine it will be getting hot, some water sources may be drying up, and I believe there are about three trail closures in that area now. On the positive side, the snow at higher elevations should be mostly gone.