[pct-l] Castella resupply?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Apr 17 20:01:30 CDT 2011

Yes, you can. That's how I got there. At some point I left the tracks
and followed a road. It was a long and painful walk. I did not find
Dunsmuir to be all that great. If there was a full-service grocery
store, I did not see it. The hotel right downtown was not a hotel at
all. It was a single occupancy deal for old folks. The hotel I stayed
at (Cave Springs Resort) was a long walk out of the main part of
town. It was a nice place and the owner was nice enough to help me
get a train home. I soaked in the hot tub and got info about how the
trains worked there (the train is always at least 3 hours late.)
That's where I left the trail in 2008.