[pct-l] Sleeping gear recommendations

Hillary Schwirtlich hillary.schwirtlich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 22:27:07 CDT 2011

The NeoAir does take a while to blow up. I didn't realize that. I should
have, since it's not self-inflating.

I've really, really tried to use a close-cell foam pad to sleep on. But
since I'm a woman who isn't a stick figure, I (un)fortunately have hips that
are too big to make it comfortable. And every time I've tried I wake up
every thirty minutes at night to roll over because some part of me has lost
its feeling. I just don't get a good night's sleep, ever, even when I try to
get used to it for a few days. My male hiking partners never have a problem,
so I've always just chalked it up to hips.

Anyway, many people on this list have suggested getting the 1/8 inch foam
pad from Gossamer Gear and using it under the NeoAir. I'm planning on doing
that, partly because I really like having something to sit on in the poky
desert. Only my pad's the one from Prolitegear.com, since GG was out of
stock apparently when I tried to buy it. It's shiiiny...