[pct-l] water and snow in san jacinto & san gorgonio

gwschenk at socal.rr.com gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Mon Apr 18 08:55:04 CDT 2011

Snow will not be a problem in the San Bernardinos. There is still snow on San Gorgonio and high peaks like Grinnell and Lake, but we saw no snow at 8000' on our hike north of Onyx summit Saturday. At Big Bear there is still lingering patches of snow on the north slopes, but it will be gone soon with the weather we're having now. In any case, that snow is just patchy and not an issue for travel.

Gary