[pct-l] Water first 20 miles

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:57:57 CDT 2011

There's lots of it.  I would guess at least 6 good-flowing creeks in the first 7-ish miles.  There are two creeks near mile 7 (see halfmile's map, at the word "pacific" around mile 7).  The next water after that is the good-flowing creek at 12.7 (water report mileage).  And I'm at Hauser Creek right now.  It's about 4 feet wide, and flowing good.

I have never seen water in Hauser creek!

The water report has a note about trail confusion in the burn area around 8.5.  Nothing seemed confusing to me.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Sent on the go from my Peek