[pct-l] Halfmile is absolutely right!

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Apr 19 20:18:57 CDT 2011

I just happened to catch something that Halfmile put out back in January:

      The 9 hikers in 2010 faced above average Sierra snow. These 2010 hikers arrived early at Kennedy Meadows, June 7th average, 9 days earlier than the 2009 hikers. The 2010 hikers spent an average of 4 more days in the Kennedy Meadows to Sonora Pass segment than did the 2009 hikers. This seems to suggest that arriving early, being prepared for snow, and taking extra time in the Sierra is a successful approach to a high snow year.

This was from his PCT hiker Schedule at pctmap.net

It is what we have been preaching since our beginnings! Thanks, Lon!

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd