[pct-l] shoe replacement

Brandon McGinnity bmcginnity at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:21:18 CDT 2011

Okay. I'm a size 9 or so, depends on the shoe, generally wear at least a 9.5
to a 10.5 for hiking. I'm also known for really pushing my shoes (went 1200+
miles on the AT on one pair of shoes, which I'd found already *well* used in
a hiker box). I like 'em better when they're worn. But Agua Dulce,
Ashland/Bend, with those two alone I'm probably golden. But what's the
outfitter situation look like?

I'm asking because I have a few days here before I leave, and am wondering
if I should just buy shoes now, or wait. Half says, "hey dummy, just go buy
them." But the other half says "but they may not fit your swollen, widened,
enlarged feet after a thousand miles of hiking!"

--
~ Moccasin