[pct-l] Ice Ax...Snow Shoes...

Kolby Kirk admin at thehikeguy.com
Sat Apr 23 10:57:13 CDT 2011

Ice axe and Microspikes have been highly recommended for this year. I wasn't
going to bring an ice axe until I started reading advice from those who live
in the higher elevations of the PCT.  Maybe the snow will melt before I get
there, maybe it won't, but I'd rather have them and not use them than not
have them at all.

PS - There's record snow levels this year in the Sierras. You should keep in
mind when reading last year's advice.