[pct-l] Outrageous Marketing Ploy

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Apr 23 11:29:20 CDT 2011

The Kelty Kid wrote: Friends, don't be deceived. This is a total scam and ripoff. Switchback used to offer a 200% money-back guarantee. Who's pocketing the extra 50%? Somebody's getting rich off of this, and I don't think it's John Muir.
Switchback replies: Hummmm.  That might be true if my memory serves me correctly.  I did used to offer a 200% money back guarantee.  But that was back when times were good.  We are now in a Recession.  So, I had to trim business expenses.  My 150% money back guarantee it the best in backpackerdom.  No one can touch it.  It just goes to show my total commitment and dedication to the hiking community.  I am always on the lookout for new products to offer the needy hiker, just as Muir Dirt.  I should get some type of award or medal at the 2011 Kickoff for all this unselfish service.