[pct-l] pay attention to yourself

shelly skye shelbel26 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 21:02:18 CDT 2011

i just wanted to write to mention that paying attention to your own body is
really important out there. i was attempting a lake morena to idyllwild
section hike in the last week and didn't pay attention to my needs for rest
and food. i had decided (for some reason) that i needed to hike 9 miles by
noon and as a result created a situation where i was clumsy and stumbled,
putting out a hand to break my fall and breaking a finger in two places.
needless to say i am off trail and very disappointed. all because i didn't
take a break when i really needed one. i am sure you will all do fine out
there but just be careful!

--
Shelly

"We are not lost. We are searching alternative destinations."
Unknown author