[pct-l] kahtoola microspikes vs. kahtoola KTS alum

Benjamin Grunbaum bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:39:59 CDT 2011

I am sure many will chime in here who have used them unless they have left
to attempt a thru hike.  However this topic came up many times recently and
the conclusion I derived is that either of those options are the best for a
thru hiker.  I gather most people use the microspikes but many posted
positive reviews for the kahtoola aluminum crampons.  It would be advisable
that you learn how to use them before you really need them on a steep hard
slope.