[pct-l] Lowering My Price - Actually, Cutting the Neo Air

Heather Darnell mom_and_alex at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 13:25:43 CDT 2011

Okay, John Abela, you asked - and thank you for that!
(Also, This is a continuation of my July 23 response to JoMike on selling
that expensive pad.)
I cut my 20" wide Neo Air just now. At the start it was:
72" long (plus or minus, I didn't measure)
14-16 oz (I kept getting different weights...? I am NOT good at this,
which is why it has taken me so long to do it!!
Rolled Diameter - I forgot to check
AND 25 breaths to inflate
AFTER the cut:
50" long (I can always take off more later. It was that simple!)

8 1/2 oz (YAY!)
12" rolled diameter (hooray :)
AND about 15 breaths to inflate to my desired thickness.
Note: Inflated length is about 48"

Today is Tuesday, and we are camping this weekend, so I am
following the advice in the video of placing some weights on
it to be sure the bond holds.
I'm SO HAPPY!! Really, because I am, ... craftsmanship-challenged ;]
so to have it work out and look fine is amazing! (Sorry, no
pictures as I am even worse at that!)
Heather Darnell

Hey Heather,

I resized a NeoAir Large (the 25 inch wide one) from its full length
down to 47 inches and got it down to 10.85 ounces. It is a very easy
process, just be really really sure to seal the very side edges are
good as you can, as that is where the air tube chamber is. The first
time I did mine one of the sides failed to get a proper seal and had
to give it a second pressing of the iron (I also applied superglue,
lol, probably overkill).

Its a fun little project, but that initial "I am about to cut a $175
pad!!" is both scary and exhilarating at the same time!

Be sure to post back pre and post weights and lengths!!

 because my tent is exactly as long as the pad! >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kumSl-cbLlY >Blessings, >Heather Darnell
jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Thu Jul 21 12:14:49 CDT 2011
FOR SALE: a NeoAir used only three times. 70" x 20". Perfect, just too long for me. $75.00. I paid shipping.

are we there yet

...going to the mountains is going home.

John Muir

Blessings,
Heather Darnell