[pct-l] Alder Creek Trail

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:54:24 CDT 2011

I used the Alder Creek trail (I think) a week and a half ago when I was in Section O.  It's there but very faint.

Three separate individuals or groups, including me, all missed the turnoff where the trail leaves the old road it had been following, at somewhere around 1458 or 1459 on Halfmile's maps.  I'm not sure exactly where we missed the trail turnoff; we didn't go back to check.  The end result was that we walked the road to where it crosses the Alder Creek trail and even a bit further until the road started looking a lot more road-like and a lot less trail-like and we knew we were off course.  We all turned around, met up, and decided to go south on the Alder Creek trail to catch the PCT again.  It was a faint track but totally level and easy to walk.  I don't know how easy it would be to spot it from the PCT end, though; I didn't really study the trail junction from that angle.

Eric