[pct-l] PCT 2012

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 12:39:25 CDT 2011

One of the many great things about the kickoff is the opportunity to meet and great many of the current year aspiring thru-hikers who may also be looking for a partner.  You may not actually find one there, but as you head north your hiking pace and style will intersect with others that share them and you will naturally fall into together.  It's one of THE great things about the PCT; the people you meet on this adventure will become some of your best friends for the rest of your life.  I'm 34 years down the trail from my thru-hike and four of my five best friends in the world are people I met on the PCT.