[pct-l] Parking in Mammoth

Silvia Cassano silcassano at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:09:09 CDT 2011

The Park and Ride isn't supposed to be for overnight parking, and the town
can tow your car.  I don't know why the Ranger Station told you you could
park there overnight.  I issued permits last year there and we were always
told to tell people not to park there and to use the parking along the road
by Main Lodge at Mammoth Mountain.

That is the spot designated for hikers, not the Park N Ride.  As always,
there are lockers in Main Lodge for storage of food and smellables. Don't
leave that in your car.  You may need a few quarters for the lockers, and
may have to ask for help, but there are lockers.  You can ask in the
Adventure Center for help as well.