[pct-l] any poison oak north of Seiad

Lance Marshall lancem at wvi.com
Sun Aug 7 19:50:09 CDT 2011

I hiked north out of Seiad Valley 7/27/11.  Lots of poison oak the first
three miles.  There was a half mile stretch with poison oak on one side or
the other every step of the way.  All of it could be avoided by
side-stepping and/or ducking. Beyond the first three miles, the trail was
clear all the way to Callahan's.  The area near Callahan's looked like good
poison oak habitat, but I didn't see any even though I was alert for it.  I
hiked from Callahan's north to Santiam Pass last summer and don't recall
seeing much if any. Hope this helps.

-Lance