[pct-l] Garmin e Trex Summit HC GPS

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Aug 7 20:09:10 CDT 2011

This seems like a good price and a reasonable unit. 2 limitations -- lacks
a slot for a microSD™ card (not included) and cannot add POI's (points of
interest) which limits your ability to load in useful data such as hiker
hostels, trail parking areas, trail-angels homes, etc. But seems like a
good price if you either have access to a computer to reload waypoints,
etcetera or are doing a few sections at a time. I think the ability to load
maps is way overrated given the small screen size. My 2¢. Others will differ.

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>