[pct-l] Mosquitoes?

rickandurs at juno.com rickandurs at juno.com
Tue Aug 9 12:33:49 CDT 2011

I just did a week long trip through Northern Yosemite along the PCT to Tuolumne Meadows. The mosquitoes in some areas were epic.  Even 100% Deet did not do much to deter them. But, they were very small ones and the bites did not seem to have much effect.  Some areas were worse than others.  They were worse in the wet areas or more forested areas.  Open breezy areas were a bit better.  Things are slowly drying out so the bugs should improve.  We had head net with us which were really nice to have.