[pct-l] bad customer service experience with Froggtoggs

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Tue Aug 16 08:58:27 CDT 2011

---- Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes <diane at santabarbarahikes.com> wrote:
> Yes, I need to get out and hike more. Sadly, I got a new job recently
> and have a 6 month probation period where I'm not allowed to take a
> vacation. But as soon as that is lifted, off I go. It'll be
> Thanksgiving week or thereabouts. Anybody know if that might still be
> a good time to hike California Section C (Cabazon - Big Bear - Cajon
> Pass)?

That's a tough one to answer, Diane. Fall is usually the best time to backpack in the mountains of So Cal, as you know. October can be great. Thanksgiving might be getting a little late, but you'll have to just play it by ear.

IMHO, most Novembers would be fine, but last November, no way. The only issue would probably be around Big Bear itself.

Sounds like fun to me!

Gary