[pct-l] a late post

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Tue Aug 16 13:13:43 CDT 2011

As to the "Herd"......they need to keep on the trail and not take too many
zeros. Our weatherman up in the NW is predicting a cooler wetter winter up
here. Sounds like it will be new snow on old snow in many places. There are
still "feet" of snow in a lot of long stretches in the N. Cascades. We have
had only 1 thru SOBO this season. Of the other 16+  that has been here all
the others flipped or went home. Last I heard crampons and ice axes were a
real wise accessory.

Here's a recent snow depth chart from the Postholer site.

Snow Depth
http://postholer.com/gmap/gmap.php?trail_id=1&depth=20110401

PCT MOM