[pct-l] garmin etrex hcx data download to cell phone?

Robert Henry rrh.henry at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:03:57 CDT 2011

Does anybody know if there is a way to have waypoint data captured on
a garmin vista hcx handheld GPS be ingested as a file into my android
cell phone, where I can then (presumably) send it as a mail attachment
file through the cellular data network?  The GPS device doesn't seem
to have bluetooth (I didn't think of this use case before buying!), so
it is a question of cabling and android app.  Sure, I can always load
waypoints into a "regular" computer and email from that, but that is
more tethered than I want.