[pct-l] accessing faq's and archives, budget qustions

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 12:25:54 CDT 2011

I'd be interested to see what answers you get to this question.
As far as budgeting, I can point you to a few resources:

A poll of PCT hikers asking how much a hike costs:
http://planyourhike.com/polls/
(The poll question about cost is in the second row from the top.  Just click
"Results")

Financing your hike:  http://planyourhike.com/planning/financing.php

Postholer has this to say about financing on their FAQ:
http://postholer.com/faq.php#Trail%20finance

If I remember correctly this documentary may have talked about financing a
little bit in the begging:  http://planyourhike.com/media/walkingthewest.php

Finally, as far as searching the archives by subject rather than month, this
is how I do it:
I go to Google and type the following line into the search box:

site:http://mailman.backcountry.net [whatever you want to search for here]

This will restrict Google's search to http://mailman.backcountry.net (the
site that archives the list).

Hope it helps!

Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com <http://www.planyourhike.com/>
Info on PCT Gear, Resupply Points, Maps, Thru hiking Movies, etc.