[pct-l] accessing faq's and archives, budget qustions

Hootie Martin hootie2006 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:20:37 CDT 2011

>>I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to access the archives in a
way that is subject
>>specific without doing it month by month.

Kimberlee, funny you should ask this; it seems as though this was exactly
what Postholer was attempting to provide when he offered to provide a
subject-sort on the Postholer site.  This offering has been criticized
heavily by a number of folks on this list, but you can decide for yourself.
Personally, I like the offering from Postholer as I think it is much more
user friendly the the manner that the PCT-L archives is currently sorted.  I
do not receive individual emails and typically only read via the archives
and the capability that Postholer offers is much more user friendly.

I think much of the criticism is coming from folks that don't like
Postholer's critical comments with certain subject matter in the past,
however, Scott has provided a lot of very nice data and functions to the PCT
Community over the years and I think this offering is yet another benefit
that doesn't seem to be readily available with the PCT-L format.

It will be interesting to see if those folks that have indicated they will
stop posting to PCT-L so long as Postholer is able to continue reformatting
the list on his website, will maintain this posture over the long haul.  I
am guessing not as I think many folks can't resist sharing their comments on
the public forum.  Only time will tell though.

Back to lurker status...