[pct-l] 78%, er, 50% hike Cascade Locks to White Pass - skip Trout Lake

linsey mowoggirl at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 20:59:40 CST 2011

When you say that 50% hike straight thru between Cascade Locks and White Pass, do you mean 50% of those who started not counting attrition or 50% of thrus who have reached the Washington border?

Personally, I love Trout Lake and will miss Stabler's which was a terrific opportunity for the savvy nobo to not carry all that food from near sea level.

Both times I've had to hitch to Trout Lake from the trail have been no problem, once you are in town it's simple to get back.  Three of my four rides were with locals, and I gave generous gas contributions to facilitate goodwill.