[pct-l] 2 person tent under 3 lbs

Alicia Reenders a.reenders at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 08:33:13 CST 2011

Hey there, I plan to hike the PCT in 2012 with my boyfriend, and we're
looking for 2 person tent recommendations. I can't get the search function
to work with this site, so thought I'd ask what other people like.

We purchased and tried the Flycreek UL 2, and had a lot of condensation
issues where our bags touched the sides of the tent, and with condensation
dripping on us from the ceiling. It was really rainy and humid here in VA,
about 50 degrees. We're thinking about the Lunar Duo, the Tarptent
Rainshadow 2, Lightheart Gear duo, or are open to other ideas. Or wonder if
the flycreek UL3 would be any better if we could avoid the sides. We can
return the flycreek since we bought it at REI, but can't try the others and
still return them.

 Anyone have success finding an ultralight with bug protection that doesn't
have condensation problems? Is it just part of the lightweight life?  Does
the dry air out west help? Thanks!