[pct-l] 2 person tent under 3 lbs

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:00:00 CST 2011

Dear Alicia

I have the Flycreek UL1, but I seldom use this. The reasons are

1. It  takes several minutes to set up a tent, since the inner and the
outer tent are separated. I do not like this type. I like the tent
combined both inner and outer one. Now, I am using Power Lizard UL.

2. The strength of waterproof of Flycreek is not enough for Japanese
climate. In Japan, sometimes, it rains very heavily. I think,
sometimes the rain will penetrate the outer tent. So, I stop to use
this tent.

There is no ideal tent concerning condensation problem. But, I will
show you one of the typical Japanese tent:

inner

http://www.arai-tent.co.jp/images/lineup/tent/air_03.jpg

outer

http://www.arai-tent.co.jp/images/lineup/tent/air_12.jpg

You know, there are ventilation tubes for both. These are made for the
condensation problem.

I had used Hildeberg Akto. Its ventilation is made as like:

http://psycho01.edu.u-toyama.ac.jp/P1042305.jpg

So, if you can obtain SilNylon or other cloth, there is a way to sew
ventilation tubes on the inner and outer tent. Then, it will be the
lesser condensation.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )