[pct-l] Canada Permit

Sam Griffin samgriffin4 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:31:20 CST 2011

I actually completely spaced on my Canada permit and didn't end up applying
for it until Bend, Oregon. Being past the deadline was definitely not a big
deal, just call the guy and talk to him, in the event that this happen to
you. Also, while in Canada, I was never asked for my permit, though some
people were (generally people who walked back across the border were asked,
those who drove were not). It's definitely a must have though.

A large group of guys a day ahead of me all hiked back to Hart's Pass
because they either had records (i.e. weren't allowed in) or never applied
for their form.

Rattler