[pct-l] Hiking with dog

mark utzman blackbelthiker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:46:23 CST 2011

I am doing a thru hike in 2012. Has anyone done a thru hike with their dog?
I have a Jack Russel that is 6 years old and I dont have a place to leave
him when I do this hike, and I don't want to give him away. So I am
considering taking him with me. I know that National Parks don't allow dogs
in the backcountry, besides the sheer magnitude of such a hike may be too
much ( distance, stream crossings, hot, cold, ect.) I dont know. Does
anyone have advice or suggestions? I looked into kennels but that would
cost a small fortune. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I love this
dog and I really want to do this hike. Thanks,   Mark