[pct-l] Hiking with dog

Diarmaid Harmon irishharmon at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 13:59:15 CST 2011

I did the PCT in 2002 with my dog. I had a min schnauzer and on the river crossings I used the handle on his pack and either carried him or hooked him to my sternum strap. I found it easier to deal with a small dog when things were wet. My only caution would be does your dog hike now? My dog had several thousand miles before I did the PCT. Boots for the paws are also important as the sand in most of the cascades is volcanic.

Hiking Irish.

Sent from my iPhone