[pct-l] hiking with dog

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Dec 8 04:05:46 CST 2011

Josie wrote:
I have not found the PCT-l to be dog friendly, which I find rather sad.--jo
Yes Josie,
Sometimes some members on this list are not even very human friendly, as
evidenced by the recent character assassinations on this list.

I agree with you and Deems...........When hiking with a dog, forget
about HYOH and focus instead on
HYDH  (hike your dog's hike).

A dog can't tell you...."I need a break, I'm getting to hot, I need a
drink of water"....you must watch for
signals that will indicate that and use your own common sense and
judgment because they are loyal
and love you and will follow you wherever you go, even if it kills them.

That kind of loyalty should not be abused, but rewarded with return love
and consideration.
As a result you will have a best friend who will love you and be loyal
to you until the end.
They don't care if you are....black or white,....rich or poor....or
handsome or ugly....they love you just
the way you are.

You can not always say that about humans.
Friends, that you thought were friends, may turn out not to be friends
when the chips are down.

JMT Reinhold
A dog's best friend