[pct-l] Canada Permit

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Mon Dec 12 06:56:03 CST 2011

There's a potential drawback to the passport card, which I can verify from personal experience.  The passport card (for US citizens) is valid for border crossing by land or water - NOT by air.  That requires the standard passport book.

So, if you plan on flying back home from Vancouver or somewhere else in Canada, you'll need the passport.  If you're reentering by car, or by train or bus to Seattle, e.g., the passport card will suffice.

Mango