[pct-l] After the Hike

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Mon Dec 12 21:22:34 CST 2011

Pulitzer Prize - dead solid perfect.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jackie McDonnell" <yogihikes at gmail.com>
To: "Scott Williams" <baidarker at gmail.com>
Cc: "Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes" <diane at santabarbarahikes.com>, pct-l at backcountry.net
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 10:08:41 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] After the Hike

Holy cow, Shroomer, you sure are inspirational!  Posts like this are
exactly why I was thrilled that you wanted to be one of the hiker
contributors for my book.  You love/live the hiker lifestyle, and it really
comes through in your writing.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Scott Williams <baidarker at gmail.com> wrote:

> If there is something you can do now to set up a job or direction for
> yourself before you go hiking, by all means do it.  But if you are planning
> on hiking this trail no matter what, and you can't think of a direction for
> yourself after the trail, than let go of trying to figure it out
> beforehand.  You are about to embark on one of the best adventures of your
> life.  It'll mean a respite from trying to figure out your future for at
> least 6 months while you are going to be having the time of your life.  You
> are going to live out a dream.  Something may fall together while you are
> hiking, or you may meet someone or get exposed to a career you never
> thought of, or nothing at all in this line may happen, but it will still be
> totally worth it.  Make an effort before starting, to let go, and give
> yourself permission to simply experience the wonder of one of the most
> incredible trails in the world.  On top of the trail itself will be meeting
> the best people you've ever lived with, from the trail angels to the
> marvelous folks hiking with you.
>
> So, if there is something to be done, do it, but if you are at a dead end
> with the job search, just focus on what you're about to do, and have a
> ball.
>
> Shroomer

To unsubcribe, or change options visit: