[pct-l] Dogs in National Parks/horses/mules/llamas

Hillary Schwirtlich hillary.schwirtlich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:24:26 CST 2011

I think "offensive" is a relative term. I don't really care what's in it,
whether it's horse poo or dog poo or people poo. It's offensive to me to
have to wade through poo on the trail - or worse, kick it aside in the only
good campsite around. (The only exception to this is wild animal scat).

Basically, I just think it would be fair to expect all users to pick up
after their animals on the trail, regardless of size.

Horses that pull carriages in towns have a bag behind them to catch the
waste. Can't trail riders do that too? Then, even if they don't bury it,
which would be time-consuming and probably cause more damage than good,
they can at least deposit it off-trail or something.

Seahorse