[pct-l] Good luck Switchback and get well

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Dec 16 00:24:17 CST 2011

JMT Snow Bunny Reinhold writes:  Skin cancer on top of all those other problems?  Switchback, you must be getting old!!!
The golden years are not what they are cracked up to be.  I say avoid old age, at all cost, if you can.  However, you are hard-core and will rule the trail again.  Your 2013 PCT record super hike will be your crowning achievement.  Now you take care of yourself, the list needs you...you are the spark plug on the list.  My hiking season is over and the ski season is just beginning.
Switchback replies:  I also supposedly had an over dose of radiation during a test last Spring and was to go to the Lawrence Livermore lab for a test.  But they decided that I was probably okay.  That on top of everything else I have.  This getting back on the PCT is a lot harder than people think when you are old and a backpacking relic like me.  :-)  But I will rule the trail again someday.  But it may be the big trail up in the sky.  But that will give me more flexibility to harass hikers.  The big 2013 record breaking PCT journey is looking good.  I really have my gear thought out and just need some big bucks to put my plan into action.  I figure about $45,000 or so.