[pct-l] Fw: Re: Fw: Re: Dogs in National Parks/horses/mules/llamas

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 11:33:29 CST 2011

--- On Fri, 12/16/11, Charles Williams <charlesnolie at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Charles Williams <charlesnolie at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Fw: Re: Dogs in National Parks/horses/mules/llamas
To: "James Vesely" <JVesely at edmsupply.com>
Date: Friday, December 16, 2011, 9:26 AM

James,
Now days, packers are limited as to the number of mules they can take on a trip and the number of stock per packer.  There are also limits as to how much weight they can load on a mule.  That boils down to strict weight capacities for each guest's possessions.  It's not as simple as just bringing an extra mule to carry your stuff or tell a guest to bring 12lbs (or whatever) less gear and clothing.  This is probably the reason for the reluctance

Charles

P.S. These restrictions are the result of belligerent hikers suing the F.S. so "goes around, comes around"