[pct-l] Fw: Re: Dogs in National Parks/horses/mules/llamas

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 12:43:46 CST 2011

--- On Fri, 12/16/11, Charles Williams <charlesnolie at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Charles Williams <charlesnolie at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Dogs in National Parks/horses/mules/llamas
To: "Hillary Schwirtlich" <hillary.schwirtlich at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, December 16, 2011, 10:43 AM

Yes, horses can be unpredictable.  They are a prey animal which means for many millenia the ones that survived long enough to breed were the ones that jumped the hardest and ran the fastest when they percieved danger.  This is not allways the same as real danger.  Their natural behavior when faced with a predator (or what they think may be a predator) is flight.  Bucking is another of the "wonderful" things that horses do.  All horses have a little buck in them.

The first day at a college I'm attending where I study horses the instructor said...make your life with horses and they will hurt you.

Charles