[pct-l] After the hike

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:06:29 CST 2011

Dear Reinhold

I happened to hike JMT three times, and acquainted several hikers. The
strategy of hiking is different from Japanese mountaineering, but
there is much commonality.  PCT is too long for me, because I have a
job.

Recently, I have noticed that there are few of  essay concerning
scientific studies of hiking. Then, I decided to write some scientific
essays to the university bulletin, because I failed to find a
publisher.

I found several member of PCT-L hated you and Hiker 97, but I am
living in a very far place  from US, the dispute on the PCT-L is
always interesting to me. Some of the jokes are culture-free, and
gender-free, so I would like to translate into Japanese without your
permission.

The hiking is only an entertainment for me. I think that the job is
more important than the hiking. But, I will retire three years later.
So, in my case, After the Job is a problem. Maybe, I will visit US
regularly, and hike several sections of PCT.

I am very glad to be a member of PCT-L and to meet several hikers in
US. These changed my impression of US and the thought of hiking to
some extent. That is the important thing concerning   "after hiking"
for me.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )