[pct-l] horses

chiefcowboy at verizon.net chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Fri Dec 16 17:43:21 CST 2011

Well said Ed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Anderson
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 3:15 PM
To: Mike Yanasak ; pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] horses

You are obviously very ignorant of the reality, that, were it not for horses
and mules, there would not BE a PCT for you to hike on. The trail that you
are hiking on was probably, historically, a horse trail. Backpacking came
later. The creation and ongoing maintenance of the trails is done by people
(often volunteers) who need horses and mules to carry the required equipment
and materials. Question: When did you last volunteer to help? Do you just
hike on the PCT?  If you do, you can't help but sometimes seeing others
working on the trail. Notice that they have horses and mules tied nearby.
That's how the tools, equipment , materials and often also the food and
water needed for the workers got there.
MendoRider-Hiker