[pct-l] Dogs on the trail

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 10:24:47 CST 2011

JMT Snow Bunny Reinhold writes: Hi gang,It seems that some off you had encounters with unfriendly dogs on the trail.  Dogs always seem to like me and seem to sense that I like them....except for "Deem's" dog, who continued to growl at me a few years ago at the KO. Here is my advise on how to respond to an unfriendly dog on the trail.
Switchback replies: Just carry some pepper spray on the trail for animals and humans.  It is light, effective, and simple to use (not down wind).  I have carried it for 40 years on and off the trail with no problems.