[pct-l] The Horse thing

Iceaxehikes at gmail.com Iceaxehikes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 23:13:28 CST 2011

I was a total snob..
Yes i thought, why whould horses defile "our" trail.
Well, go hike the CDT.
In that place "you" are intruding upon the ground that wild horses have
lived since the Spanish introduced them to
North America.
Besides that; PCT hikers, myself included, despise the mountain bikers
using our trail.
Out on the CDT you have 250 cc two stoke dirt bikes piloted by pistol
toting riders blasting up the trail.
That was not the rule but even a few encounters were "impactfull".
I am not the type to brag.
Though I must say.. of the three trails in the Triple Crown of hiking,
there is one that stands out.
The Pacific Crest Trail is (still) the Premier trail in the Crown,
according to my subjective judgement.
We stand upon the back of a whale... fishing for minnows.
We are so LUCKY!
-iceaxe Pct09, Cdt10, At 11