[pct-l] Water north of Crater Lake Rim Village

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:20:26 CST 2011

There is possible water at mile 1836 (0.8 mile of trail) and the next reliable water is at Thielsen Creek or about mile 1861, so as you indicated you'll have about 25 miles without water.  If you are section hiking you can easily cache water for yourself near Highway 138 or mile 1852 prior to your section hike.

This section would be a three day hike for most thru-hikers hiking north.  Most thru-hiker will resupply at Shelter Cove, or about 77 miles away. Therefore weight load should be at a minimum and carrying the extra water to hike this section shouldn't be too much of a burden.  I would guess that most thru-hikers make it to Thielsen Creek for dinner the first night out from Crater Lake area.

Paul

Hikethru.com
Pocket PCT