[pct-l] Newbie section hike question

Elisabeth Cutright-Smith liz.cutrightsmith at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:50:48 CST 2011

Hey all,

Apologies if this is a topic that comes up often. (I just signed for the
list...in time to catch the end of the dog/horse emails! :)) My husband and
I are moving from Arizona to the Mt Shasta area, and I'd very much like to
get in a hike on the PCT this summer as an intro to the area (would love to
do the whole thing sometime soon!). I suspect that vacation time will limit
us to 50-75 miles (a large range, I know), plus a travel day on each end,
and I'm interested in any recommendations for PCT section/JMT
section/anything else in the area. Our time window will likely be somewhere
between the second half of July and the end of August.

Thanks in advance!
Liz