[pct-l] Apps

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Wed Dec 21 08:08:25 CST 2011

>From Dr Bob:
> I've just rejoined Pct-L after being off the list for 2 ½ years.  Having
> just yesterday bought a Droid Razr, and as a newbie smart phone owner
> (overwhelming), I'm interested in Apps generally, but particularly ones
> that assist in the outdoors or along the trail. I'll check the archives for
> past discussions, so needless repetition doesn't have to occur here.  But
> if anyone really likes an App, or two or ten, and would be willing to take a
> minute to share acquired wisdom off-list, I would be very grateful.

>From jplynch:
> That sounds like a pretty good on-list topic!!

I agree! Though I don't have a smartphone yet, I will 'soon enough' in the future.
Yes, apps have been discussed in the past - but not for a while - and technological
advances can make older apps 'obsolete' when newer, better ones are released...
I would also be interested in what other folks have 'recently' found to be good
useful 'outdoor' apps, for either Android or Apple...
TIA!

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)