[pct-l] Black Diamond FlickLock Poles

John Coyle jcoyle at sanjuan.edu
Wed Dec 21 13:16:38 CST 2011

Recently I have become discouraged with the internal expander lock mechanisms on poles such as Leki, Komperdel, and the less known Fizan poles.  While hiking near Susie Lake in Desolation Valley last weekend, I noticed my Fizan poles with internal expanders were slipping an inch or two.  Now this is a major quality brand and I don't like this.  Non-slippage is a top priority for me in poles, so I bought a set of Black Diamond Trail Ergo Corks because I heard the Flicklocks are stronger.  Just wondering if people are getting slippage with the Black Diamond poles.  BTW, the lack of snow in Desolation is amazing, especially considering what happened last year.  I was in trail runners last weekend in the middle of December.