[pct-l] Black Diamond Flick Lock

Shawn Hudson shizaquawn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:18:19 CST 2011

I used Black Diamond Flicklock on my AT thru-hike in '08, and I was not
impressed, nor happy with them. One pole section was bent severely by being
caught between two rocks after only 100 miles on them. When I made it out
of the woods and contacted BD, they tried to get me to send it to them, but
that's not really a thru-hike friendly soluton. When I explained my
situation and told them that LEKI takes care of its thru-hikers at no extra
cost, they explained that the weren't LEKI and offered that I buy a
replacement section and pay for shipping, which would have cost nearly as
much as a replacement pole.

Basically, I liked the feel of them, but for reliability and customer
service, I'd go with any other company, possible.

- Shawn