[pct-l] Weather in CA Section E

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 26 14:19:44 CST 2011

This should give you a general idea, but weather conditions always change.  I recommend looking up specific conditions before your hike.

I hiked this exact section in early 2010 and there was snow in this section.  I remember snow began at around 5000 feet.  Hiking north of Agua Dulce (mile 454) you should expect to see snow at mile 501 and the snow should begin to go away at about mile 508.  You will then most likely see snow again at about mile 546 and then at about mile 555 it should go away.  So I would expect about 10 miles of possible snow (PCT above 5000 but below 5500 feet) and about 5-6 miles of high probability of snow (PCT above 5500 feet).

Paul

HikeThru.com
PocketPCT