[pct-l] Weight loss

Connie Davis connielavondavis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 19:41:46 CST 2011

Greetings!  My son (age 19 when we started) and I thru-hiked in 2005 and we are both vegetarian. I calculated our food intake before we left based on our estimated needs.  We had food boxes mailed to us at every town stop. It's harder to resupply in some towns as a vegetarian. Probably better now than in 2005.  We carried olive oil and ate a lot of nuts.  We added TVP to dehydrated meals. He lost weight and I didn't. We had to increase his calorie count after we found out. You can find out more on our trail journal www.trailjounals.com/lookoutandmongous

Lookout
Hope, BC