[pct-l] Section from Snoqualmie Pass to Canada next July

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 04:05:49 CST 2011

Jim wrote:

>I'm hoping to start around July 8 and go
> through the end of the month. I'm starting to wonder if this would be
starting too early.
> I'd be ok with some snow on the ridgetops, like I experienced on the
> JMT, but I don't want dangerous conditions.

Depends on the year.  Last year July 8 would have been too early for most
people but that was an unusual year.  In normal years it would probably be
ok; certainly some snow to deal with but not constantly.  In normal years
south-bounders usually start the third or fourth week of June but they
usually slog through a lot of snow, too.

Eric