[pct-l] Feathered Friends

Jim Keener ( J J ) pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Wed Feb 2 04:47:51 CST 2011

Hi Colin,

I carried a near-custom FF bag with an eVent shell for 1,000 miles in 2004. Very well made. Rated 20 degrees, and it kept me warm. My single complaint about the bag was the cut of the head opening - straight across. I much prefer the rounded openings of Western Mountaineering and Marmot bags. The straight opening let in cold air no matter how tightly I cinched it.

Jim Keener ( J J )