[pct-l] Questions about getting to the boarder.

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Wed Feb 2 21:23:34 CST 2011

On 2/1/2011 8:56 AM, Joshua Jordan wrote:
> My wife and I are taking our spring break from March 18th - 27th and
> hiking from the boarder to Warner Springs.

This is very early. Plan for snow in the Laguna mountains, and maybe the
San Felipe hills. You may not have snow, but you need to be prepared in
case.

> Is it tough to get to the monument at the boarder?

No.

> Can you get there in a normal car or do you need a truck?

A normal car is fine. It is a well maintained dirt road for the last
mile or so.

> Are there any trail angels that assist in getting people there?

Yes. There are several. Barney and Sandy Mann (Scout and Frodo, 2007),
among others, give rides to the trailhead.